Procedure Codes - 2 errors

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
atd

Procedure Codes - 2 errors

Post by atd » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:49 pm

1) When trying to compare 3 fee schedules in the procedure codes window I get the following unhandled exception.
"The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay."
If I click Continue it will only display the first two fee schedules.

2) If I choose to "Show Hidden" procedure categories and then edit one of the procedures in a hidden category, it changes the category to "Diagnostic" (the first one in the list) because the hidden categories do not show up in the "Edit Procedure Code" window when that box is checked (they only show up in the main procedure code window). The only way I can get the procedure back in the correct category is to go to Edit Categories in Definitions, uncheck the "Hidden" box for that category, go back and edit the procedure, then go back and check the hidden box in the edit categories window again.

p.s. The fee schedule tools to copy, increase by percentage, import/export are great - what a time saver!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Procedure Codes - 2 errors

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 am

1. I have heard of this issue. We are trying to get our hands on a database that is having the problem in order to try to duplicate it. Once we have such a database, we can rewrite some queries.

2. That is correct. By design. Once a category is hidden, the assumption is that you will never edit any procedure in that category. Otherwise, it belongs in an unhidden category.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

atd

Post by atd » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am

1) I'd be glad to share my database - just let me know what I need to do.

2) But what if I wanted to do the reverse? Let's say I wanted to move a procedure to a hidden category - I can't do that, I have to go unhide the category first to make it an option to move to. Or what if I just wanted to view the details of a hidden procedure - the only way to do that is to open up the procedure edit window. If I didn't make any changes I wouldn't think that clicking OK would do anything except close the window - but unless I click Cancel it's going to change the category without my intention.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 pm

Think of "hidden" as "nearly deleted". It would in fact be deleted except for technical complications. Allowing the user to hide it is our workaround for not being able to delete it. It's really really hidden.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com