Build Error OD 5.7 Windows Vista Business

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
nchr

Build Error OD 5.7 Windows Vista Business

Post by nchr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:36 am

Dear Jordan,

I have recently downloaded the source code of OD v.5.7 using the tortoise SVN interface, and when I try to run the solution via MS Visual C# 2008, I get the following error.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message="The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"
Source="CodeBase"
StackTrace:
at CodeBase.TopazWrapper.GetTopaz()
at OpenDental.ContrDocs..ctor() in C:\Users\Lefko\Desktop\Open Dental\5.7\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrDocs.cs:line 173
at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.InitializeComponent() in C:\Users\Lefko\Desktop\Open Dental\5.7\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 339
at OpenDental.FormOpenDental..ctor() in C:\Users\Lefko\Desktop\Open Dental\5.7\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 200
at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.Main() in C:\Users\Lefko\Desktop\Open Dental\5.7\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 1200
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

If I try version 5.6 I do not get the same problems. And the strangest of all is that in another computer running Windows Vista Home Premium it seems to work fine.

Do you have any ideas of what might be the problem?

Thanking you in advance,

Nicos Christodoulides
Nicos Christodoulides

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Build Error OD 5.7 Windows Vista Business

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 am

Try setting the startup project as OpenDental by rightclicking on it in the Solution Explorer.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

nchr

Post by nchr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:40 am

Thanks Jordan for the quick reply.

I tried setting it as the startup project but I still get the same error.

Is there a way to skip that line of code (since it is something we never use in the practice anyway)?

Thanks again

Nicos Christodoulides
Nicos Christodoulides

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:31 am

Well, then you must be missing a file. Look through the required dll's folder. Are they all copied to your bin/debug folder? SigPlusNet.dll is probably the problem. Also copy it to the codebase\bin\debug folder.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

nchr

Post by nchr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks Jordan,

That did the trick. It seemed that some of the dlls were missing. How could this have happened? Or is it just random behaviour?

Thanks again

Nicos Christodoulides
Nicos Christodoulides

V Suite

Post by V Suite » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 am

On starting the 5.7.18 (current) solution file, downloaded via Tortoise, I get the warning (Windows XP Home, Visual C#2008):
Warning 1 The referenced component 'CodeBase' could not be found.
The build fails with 60 Errors regarding the non-existence of CodeBase, eg.
Error 11 The type or namespace name 'CodeBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) ...\ODSource-5-7-19\OpenDental\Forms\FormUpdate.cs 14 7 OpenDental

However 5.8.3 builds successfully. What's the difference please?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 am

I did notice that with 5.8 last week and fixed it. So I just fixed it for 5.7 too. It was due to the CodeBase reference referencing a file rather than a project.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

yavuz

Post by yavuz » Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 am

I also get the same error;

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message="The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"
Source="CodeBase"
StackTrace:
at CodeBase.TopazWrapper.GetTopaz()
at OpenDental.FormProcEdit..ctor(Procedure proc, Patient patCur, Family famCur) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yavuz\Desktop\OpenDental6_4\OpenDental\Forms\FormProcEdit.cs:line 195
at OpenDental.ContrChart.AddProcedure(Procedure ProcCur) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yavuz\Desktop\OpenDental6_4\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrChart.cs:line 4644
at OpenDental.ContrChart.butAddProc_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yavuz\Desktop\OpenDental6_4\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrChart.cs:line 4820
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at OpenDental.UI.Button.OnClick(EventArgs ea) in C:\Documents and Settings\Yavuz\Desktop\OpenDental6_4\OpenDental\UI\Button.cs:line 153
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\Yavuz\Desktop\OpenDental6_4\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 1292
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

Any idea?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Check that the references are to projects rather than files. Check the solution configuration manager. Check that all the dlls have been copied.
Jordan Sparks, DMD