Class V composite

For users or potential users.
Hetesh

Class V composite

Post by Hetesh » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 am

Open Dental Rocks...so 1st I want to thank Jordan for his impressive work and for giving us the opportunity to break free from Dentrix. This forum has been an awesome tool to bring us up to speed with open dental... 10 months and counting Wohoo.

Since I do not see this issue on the forum, I assume it must just be a setting that I will need to change so here goes:

When we chart a cervical restoration (Class V), we use the V designation. On my system this is counted as a surface in the auto composite codes and so ends up coding an extra surface, which in turn triggers insurance red flags. So a MF class V ends up coding as a three surface composite. I would chart it as just a MV composite, but insurance does not recognize V as a surface so again a mismatch between the code and # of surfaces.

Help please, where am I going wrong?

Hetesh

sparkly

Re: Class V composite

Post by sparkly » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm

the V is for the 3D chart graphics and your notes. on insurance claims, the V defaults to a B, so you should write MV in your notes and have it draw that way. on the claim, MB will be printed.

Hetesh

Re: Class V composite

Post by Hetesh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 am

Thank you, :oops: I just tried it and it works like a charm, I should have known better. I hope you have a great day, you just made my life a little easier.
Hetesh :D