Trouble with Install on Workstation

For users or potential users.
simonmiles

Trouble with Install on Workstation

Post by simonmiles » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:40 am

I have a server running Windows Server 2003. I installed Open Dental as instructed by the online manual. I did change the directory for the opendental database and the opendentimages to "D" since this is my larger data partition. Once the program is done installing, it takes me to the edit paths window. I have 5 workstations running WIndows XP that will access the server. I enable the sharing of the "OpenDentImages" folder on the server. This folder is now visible on my network as \\server\OpenDentImages\ (assume the name of the server is 'server') and I can access the folder through the workgroup. In the edit paths window on the server, I designate the path of the A to Z images folder as the same: \\server\OpenDentImages\. I now proceed to the workstation. I navigate to the OpenDentImages folder on the network and install the updated Open Dental setup which installs fine. When I double click on the Open Dental icon, I arrive at a choose database menu where I have to choose the computer where the database is located. I can find my server from the drop list and I select it. The second line asks which database to open. By default, it is at "opendental." When I select okay I get the following error message: unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. Not sure what to do from here. I am assuming that the path is wrong somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Hoping to get this running before the end of the weekend. Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Install on Workstation

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:16 am

I believe this is an old message which has already been solved. In this case, it was solved by using ip addresses instead of computer names. But the discussion about paths was completely irrelevant to the problem.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

tomql

Post by tomql » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 pm

I have the exact same problem. My main server is XP Pro and workstations are XP. Please help me with detail instruction how to solve this. Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm going to completely ignore the initial message because I don't think it's exactly the same as your situation. To answer your question, have you seen http://www.open-dent.com/manual/installworkstation.html ?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

teamhowey

Post by teamhowey » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:05 am

I am now getting this same message. OD was working, but we are trying to install CDR DICOM. Then we started getting the same message as the OP.