Turning off patient column in treatment plan module

For users or potential users.
mowgli

Turning off patient column in treatment plan module

Post by mowgli » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 am

In OD version 5.2, clearing the checkbox for insurance estimates on the treatment plan module removed not only the insurance estimates columns, but also the patient portion ("Pat") column. If you want to turn off the insurance estimates columns, why would you NOT also want to turn off the patient's portion column which is based on the unwanted estimates? Starting in version 5.3 and continuing to 5.6, you can't get rid of this "Pat" column without closing the Fees column too. I couldn't find this change documented in the version list for 5.3, nor could I find it searching the forum. Was the change made deliberately, or could the prior function be returned?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Turning off patient column in treatment plan module

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:07 am

You should not lose features from version to version. If a feature gets dropped it is frequently unintentional. I have put this down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mowgli

Re: Turning off patient column in treatment plan module

Post by mowgli » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:34 am

After thinking more about this, I figured the change was due to the addition of the "Discount" column for Percentage PPO plans. If a patient had this type of plan, showing the discounted fee might be a reason to retain the "Pat" column. So that complicates things a bit. A solution might be to apply the logic that if the Ins Est columns are turned off, the Pat column will also be turned off unless the Discount column is turned on.