newpatientforms.com

For users or potential users.
drjrl

newpatientforms.com

Post by drjrl » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:13 am

Where can I get info on how newpatientforms integrates into Open Dental? I looked at NPF's website and it is intriguing, but I want to see how it looks on OD's end.

JRL

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:50 pm

I'm honestly not even sure if they're still in business. And I'm not sure the bridge has been tested on the newest versions. It wouldn't hurt to try it I suppose.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

kmanning

Post by kmanning » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

We're still here. I've been out of town and not watching the forum.

We've got a few steady users, but secure online registration is just not taking off like we all thought it would. I guess we'll see.

Email me if you want any information.

Thanks!

Ken Manning
NewPatientForm.com

opensource

Post by opensource » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:41 am

It infact it is a big shift from a patients perspective to move from the paper forms to the digital world but from my perspective, I am already there but how do you bring everyone along with u..is the challenge.

For me to help bring someone along, we would need to make sure that we can articulate the value very clearly and ensure that there is no difference (diff of better is good :-)) in the experience from the the patient perspective.

Also, We need to integrate the process..end-to-end..to ensure no duplication of efforts.

Here are a few questions...

1. Can the Form be customized as per the Dental Office requirement. This would require the bridge to be customized too..so that the opendental specific information is integrated directly with it (and some other information can be integrated with other places were the data might be kept...I am willing to consider 'additional fields' available in opendental to capture that kind of information and store it there).

2. Is it Possible to have a liveperson kind of a feature available within newPatientForm for a dental office with direct connectivity with a chat session within our office, so that the user can ask any quick clarifying questions.

3. Is it possible to print the completed form in PDF or fillable PDF format once the Patient is in the office, so that the office staff can complete the missing information while in office.

4. Can the newPatient PDF Form be directly loaded into the Images section of Opendental, so that it can be stored as a digital copy of what the Patient submitted (with their digital signature)

5. Can the Patient be send another version of it to update their information (by the way, this information might be helpful to be stored in opendental too..since what happens if the patient said they did not have a medical history and then after a year they do develop one. We land-up overwriting the original information, yes..we have a paper version of it digitally stored but it would be helpful to store the previous medical history in the Patient record itself..oh, I just remembered, we do not store medical history in opendental unless it is done thru additional fields of somekind).

Well, just some of the information / integration points that will help us make the transition more realistic and with a value. Ofcourse, the ideal one would be..where-in we have a web version of opendental for such features such that the patient can manage their own personal record, appointments and payment details. They would have access to their own dental information too..would that not be cool :-) ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:55 pm

I am already planning for the day when the patient will have access to their own "chart" online. This means we don't put embarrassing comments in the procedure notes, only professional tone entries. Comments about the patient that we don't wish them to see belong in the Commlog for now because I doubt that we would ever wish to give patients access to that. But this whole process of moving to paperless is going to take a very long time. The most basic things we need are:

1. True IDs. Forget usernames and passwords. We just want to make sure nobody but the real John Smith accesses his account. That means we need an internet that can verify true identities. Will probably rely on fingerprints.
2. Touch screens. Big touchscreens.
3. Spam control. I want to charge everyone who sends me an email about one penny. This needs to be standard or email is not as useful.

I know I'm getting off topic. But my point is that the whole system is going to take decades to properly build. It's fun to be part of it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com