Feature request

For users or potential users.
Anthony J Turner

Feature request

Post by Anthony J Turner » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:15 am

I find myself consulting with my colleagues more often lately. I am also tryng to spread the word about OD. It would be easier if I could email(secure) an entire patient file. Since I have been using OD for awhile they can see how advanced the program is and we can discuss topics on a patient(Images,charting, notes,etc). I would like for the other offices to be able to restore the file and add to thier existing database (demo version) so as we build a professional relationship they can go back and review previous consultations and become more familiar with the software. The four main colleagues I work with are an endodontist, and orthodontist, and oral surgeon and a general dentist. It sure would be nice to show off what I do with the software and show them some things they could do that there software doesn't allow them to do. Just-a dream!

DavidWolf

Re: Feature request

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:48 pm

I think that being able to email a portion of a referred patient's OD file that could be imported into another copy OD is an excellent idea!! Kind of like a exporting a Vcard from Outlook.

Or even if it was opened in an OD file viewer, or minimally it could even be to a PDF.

Probably something to consider integrating into the previous thread regarding being able to place referrals into the chart module.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:12 pm

We did build an xml export/import tool a few years back. But it never got refined due to other priorities. One future possibility is that our web version will allow other dentists to log in with restrictions that only allow them to see the patients that they need to see, and nothing else. I think that's where we're probably headed.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Anthony J Turner

Post by Anthony J Turner » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 am

That sounds good for the onlne version. Would you be able to intergrate that with the offline version somehow or would you have to use the online version for it to work.

gdbanks

Post by gdbanks » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:38 am

One thing to consider with import/export and online access is somehow link to Microsoft's Healthvault, or Google health patient record system. Say upload preexisting conditions, perio charting, treatment plan. So pt. can look at it or share it. Not sure if it is even doable or how, but something to consider.