OD in italy

For users or potential users.
Nemesis

OD in italy

Post by Nemesis » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:58 am

I would like to know if italian language is supported and if there is an italian customer support to open dental. I downloaded the demo and it seems that in the language conversion there are no italian automatic language download.
I wolud like to know if you can provide italian translation, I can consider also to translate it myself but I have some questions first:
- Is open dental ADA strictly oriented? I mean: are some tasks, modules, treatments available only for american users according to american laws?
- Have you experience with italian support or foreign support?
- Is the translation process difficult? i am quite familiar with some advanced computer tasks like command line, file handling and compiling but i am not really a programmer. I am a dental school student and i think that my translation could be efficent and adequate, but i think it would be not useful and waste of time if i am the only customer that needs italian support. If you have/had other italian requests i can think about asking support to a friend of mine that is a Programmer and net administrator, working together to an Italian oriented versiont that satisfies Italian dental software needs

drtech

Re: OD in italy

Post by drtech » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 am

most everything translates to languages depending on the language selected in windows, so try it and it should convert for you.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: OD in italy

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:09 pm

A few years ago, there was some pretty active Italian work being done. But I don't think any dental offices actually put it into production, so it languished. So right now, there is nothing. It is much more reasonable that someone in Italy would begin to market/resell this software and support it themself. I don't see us ever being able to effectively support Italian users directly.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com