Backing up causes error and shuts down open dental

For users or potential users.
cneelley

Backing up causes error and shuts down open dental

Post by cneelley » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Last night I tried to back up to a jump drive. Drive is a long way from being full. While backing up, the operation was stopped and an error code was generated and open dental was shut down. It seemed to make it through the database back up but not the a-z folder, opendentimages. In order to get a back up, I had to delete the opendent images that was stored on the back up, first. Then I could make the back up. I could make a backup to any new folder anywhere. The problem is caused when backup is done where one already exists. It has something to do with folder permissions, I think???

version 5.6.28

cneelley

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Backing up causes error and shuts down open dental

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Maybe check to make sure all the existing files on the backup are not set to read only?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

cneelley

Re: Backing up causes error and shuts down open dental

Post by cneelley » Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

If it is set to read only then it is doing it on it's own. I don't do it on purpose.

The only thing that I do that would or could change anything is that occaisionally I will import a digital image from an xray digitizer into a patient's file. Other than that, I do nothing with the images module. But I don't change anything to read only, it would have to happen on it's own.

cneelley