two offices in one OD db

For users or potential users.
jfd2

two offices in one OD db

Post by jfd2 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello all,

we have two office using the same database for a fewe days now, everything works fine except that we cannot send claim using the new office address since there is only place for practice. is this supposed only use for one office only and another office should use another db? how do we add another office address if we use the same db in a central location?

thanks a lot,

jfd
Best regards,

Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: two offices in one OD db

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jfd2

Post by jfd2 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks a lot. It works great. I never know that was there.

jfd

jfd2

Post by jfd2 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Looks like the clinic is now display in the patient/family module in the first screen. only when displayed in the edit mode. do we have anyway to add it there? we are still using 5.5 at this moment.

thanks a lot,

Jfd
Best regards,

Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Are you saying you want it to show in the Family module without having to double click to edit the patient?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jfd2

Post by jfd2 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 am

that would be nice.

thanks.

jfd
Best regards,

Jeff

atd

Post by atd » Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 am

It would be nice if the clinic the patient was assigned to was clearly visible from any module - but most importantly the Family and Account modules. It would also be helpful to add it as a search field in the "Select Patient" window, or at least as a column in that list.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 29, 2008 2:30 pm

There's actually a very good reason why there is not an option to select by patient in the Patient Select window. You really do want to see everyone each time. Otherwise, you'll miss a patient and end up creating a duplicate. However, if the two clinics truly are completely separate, then you can turn on a security feature which blocks users at one clinic from ever seeing users at the other clinic. You assign each user a clinic to do this. But I wouldn't recommend it.

But a column indicator there makes sense.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

mbansal

Post by mbansal » Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Out of curiousity how did you connect your two offices to one database? using a VPN or terminal server or some other means? We tried using VPN but that was too slow over a commercial DSL connetion (3.0mbps) and terminal server wouldn't allow the tooth charting feature to work well, so we eventually just created two databases with two servers. Thanks.

atd

Post by atd » Fri May 30, 2008 9:35 am

You're right, we wouldn't want to overlook a patient that might have been seen at a different clinic and end up with a duplicate. In our situation the clinics are hundreds of miles apart so it would be rare, but for others it might be more of an issue. I guess I was thinking of the clinic choice as just another way to narrow down the list like the other fields do (i.e. SSN, DOB) - the default would be to search through "All" clinics, they'd have to manually change it to search a specific clinic only. But, another column will work just fine. I see the list of columns is already scrolling horizontally - would there be a way to allow the user to choose which columns are visible in the Select Patient window and in which order? If I had to choose, I'd want the "Site" as a column over the "Clinic" - but I'm sure our office is an exception. Being able to pick and choose the columns would be great.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 31, 2008 9:10 am

I think you are right. Narrowing by clinic would not be risky if the default was always "all". As for column selections, see http://www.open-dent.com/manual/displayfields.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD