Orthodontic Insurance posting...

For users or potential users.
wengilman

Orthodontic Insurance posting...

Post by wengilman » Sat May 24, 2008 1:43 pm

I am an orthodontist consider converting from Dentrix to Opendent. I have been following the development for a couple of years now. I think I have a handle on the payment plans, but my concern is insurance. Once a month we batch out our monthly insurance billing using D8670 - Monthly Treatment visit, My question is do we have to manually enter every month the code then send to Insurance? With dentrix we use the "Future Due Payments" that will post the D8670 and create the insurance claim. Any thoughts???

Any help would be greatly apprecated!

Will

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Orthodontic Insurance posting...

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Our corresponding feature is called Repeating Charges. I just realized it's not documented in our manual, but we have used it heavily for years with no problem. Go to Easy Options to turn that feature on. After activated, it will show as a button at the top of the Account module. If a patient has repeating charges, they will show in a grid at the top of the Account module. You have to "run" repeating charges to get the charges due to go onto the accounts. That tool is in the main menu under tools, I believe.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com