automated backup with suni imaging

For users or potential users.
drtbar

automated backup with suni imaging

Post by drtbar » Wed May 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Anyone have an idea or recommendation to automate the backup process for open dental AND suni imaging? I want to make it a one step process rather than backing up in open dent and then copying the profsuni dir over. I thought about using dsynchronize which is a program that I can schedule it to copy whole dirs over, but I've read I need to stop the mysql service before I back it up and that program won't do that.

Any other suggestions?

panamanian33

Re: automated backup with suni imaging

Post by panamanian33 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:26 am

Hello Drtbar,
I'm going to assume that you have a Server-client network (running Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003) If this is the case, I would recommend using Acronis True Image Echo Server. http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/

I use it for every Dental Office we support (about 23 offices now) This software backs up "SQL instances" without having to stop the database. I have successfully recovered from crashes with this program without any problems. Highly recommend it. It can be a little pricy for some customers thought, but I think "piece of mind" is more important.

I hope it helps,

Alex :D

drtbar

Re: automated backup with suni imaging

Post by drtbar » Thu May 22, 2008 3:58 am

I'm using an XP workstation for my server at the moment. My true server is still holding my old practice management software and we need to use it for another month or two for older accounts.

I will look into that program and see if it will work for me, thanks for the reply.