Hygiene production

For users or potential users.
Robert_dds

Hygiene production

Post by Robert_dds » Mon May 19, 2008 9:49 pm

I have 4 ops. Op. 4 is set up for hygenist only. Daily production under Appt. tab shows total production for for op.1 to op. 3 only. Why not including hygenist production also??? Is this right?

Is there a way to print out report to show separate production for Dr. and Hygenist at the end of the day?

parksjdp

Re: Hygiene production

Post by parksjdp » Tue May 20, 2008 6:55 am

Robert_dds wrote:I have 4 ops. Op. 4 is set up for hygenist only. Daily production under Appt. tab shows total production for for op.1 to op. 3 only. Why not including hygenist production also??? Is this right?

Is there a way to print out report to show separate production for Dr. and Hygenist at the end of the day?
If I understand your problem, you have to set you appt view up to include op 4 or hygiene. To do this goto setup - appt views and then double click on the view you use. Here is where you can add the op 4/hygeine.

In regards to the daily print out .... yes you can. Go to reports, then under production and income select more options. You can then select date ranges and what providers you want for those date ranges.

Hope this helps,
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 20, 2008 7:05 am

1. I believe the key is to add the hygiene provider to the appt view.
2. It would be two separate reports, one for each provider.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Tue May 20, 2008 9:16 am

parksjdp wrote:
Robert_dds wrote:I have 4 ops. Op. 4 is set up for hygenist only. Daily production under Appt. tab shows total production for for op.1 to op. 3 only. Why not including hygenist production also??? Is this right?

If I understand your problem, you have to set you appt view up to include op 4 or hygiene. To do this goto setup - appt views and then double click on the view you use. Here is where you can add the op 4/hygeine.

In regards to the daily print out .... yes you can. Go to reports, then under production and income select more options. You can then select date ranges and what providers you want for those date ranges.

Hope this helps,
I tried to print the report the way that you showed but for some reason the hygenist's production is only included prophy and not SRP, exam, and x-ray. Am I supposed to specify what codes should be included for hygenist's production?

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue May 20, 2008 9:33 am

This is a guess, but perhaps the procedures which are not showing up as hygiene production are being credited/applied to a different provider's production when they get billed, for example the treating dentist.

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Tue May 20, 2008 9:38 am

DavidWolf wrote:This is a guess, but perhaps the procedures which are not showing up as hygiene production are being credited/applied to a different provider's production when they get billed, for example the treating dentist.
I am the dentist and everything is being billed out under my name, is that what you mean? I thought once you specified certain operatory belongs to the hygenist, then everything that is done in that op. is under her production.

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am

I only credit my hygienist for the prophy everything else (the exam and radiographs) gets booked to my production.
Open up a completed hygiene appointment and look at the provider for the individual procedures, if it doesn't have the hygienist as the provider for the procedures which are not showing up, I think we may have figured out why the report is not working.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 am

Look in the Account module, Prov column. That will tell you which provider the procedure is being assigned to.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Tue May 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Robert_dds wrote:
parksjdp wrote:

Hope this helps,
I tried to print the report the way that you showed but for some reason the hygenist's production is only included prophy and not SRP, exam, and x-ray. Am I supposed to specify what codes should be included for hygenist's production?
We have it so that the hygenists gets production credit for prophys, x-rays, perio maint, and srp. Exams are credited to the providing dentists.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Tue May 20, 2008 1:02 pm

please show me how you program to do that. Thanks.

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Robert_dds wrote:please show me how you program to do that. Thanks.
First, with the create or edit appt. screen open (double click a scheduled hygeine appt) do you have a dentist and hygenist selected? If not, you need to have you as provider and your hygenist selected as hygenist. Try that and see what happens.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm

A couple other things that you will need to do. Under set-up and opertories, make sure that your hygenist is listed, along with the dentist as the provider for that op.

Also, goto lists and procedure codes. Identify what codes you would like the hygenist to get credit for production, double click on the code and select it as "is hygiene procedure". Once you have these selected and as long as you have your hygenist listed as the provider for that appt. it should code the production correctly for you.

Hope that helps,
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Tue May 27, 2008 8:28 am

Robertdds

Did this help? Have you got your reports and production views looking good.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 pm

It seems to work fine now that I went into procedure list and specified which procedure should be under hygenienist.