Moving Appointments between Operatories

For users or potential users.
opensource

Moving Appointments between Operatories

Post by opensource » Sun May 18, 2008 10:34 am

Hello Dr. Jordan / Team,

Not sure if this is a user error or a bug or maybe a designed functionality :-)

We are not using the default "Provider", "Hygienist" for each operatory (Setup -> operatories) because of some other logistical issues in the office.

The office staff decides on which doctor / hygeinist will work on a patient based on the appointments and schedule them on certain operatories. We indicate that the color on the appointment should indicate the hygeinist. Now the Problem is that when we move the appointment from one operatory to another, The settings of "Hygeinist" are "Use Hygiene" color for the appointment are lost.

Not sure why the above happens even when I am not using the default operatory settings ?

Any help / clarification would be helpful.

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Moving Appointments between Operatories

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 18, 2008 10:43 am

It currently sets the appointment to the providers for the operatory you are dragging into. If you don't want that behavior, then you should not have any providers set for the operatory in question. I couldn't tell from you explanation whether you have a provider set or not for the operatory. I don't know what you mean by the "default operatory settings".
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

opensource

Post by opensource » Sun May 18, 2008 11:26 am

jordansparks wrote:It currently sets the appointment to the providers for the operatory you are dragging into. If you don't want that behavior, then you should not have any providers set for the operatory in question. I couldn't tell from you explanation whether you have a provider set or not for the operatory. I don't know what you mean by the "default operatory settings".
Thanks for the quick response, Dr. Jordan.

"default operatory" = "set the appointment to the providers for the operatory"

I have left the "Provider" and "Hygeinist" drop down to "None" in the "Setup->Operatories->Each Operatory". So, I do not think it is doing what you have indicated above but looks like it is deriving the "Provider" information from somewhere else. Maybe it is using the "Provider" information from the "Family Information"..dont know though.

If I do not have a "Provider" or "Hygeinist" setup for a given operatory (Setup->Operatories->Each Operatory"), should it not continue keeping the "Provider" and "Hygeinist" setup for the appointment ???

Hope the above helps...clarify the problem.

Cheers,

Opensource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 18, 2008 2:39 pm

So you don't have any providers set for operatories? And in the operatory setup, you don't have any marked as "is hygiene"? Then you are right. It should not be changing the provider on you.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

opensource

Post by opensource » Sun May 25, 2008 8:04 am

That is correct, Dr. Jordan. I do not have any dentist/hygiene select in the 'Operatories' setup.

Dr. Jordan / Team : Can someone please confirm that this is a Bug ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 25, 2008 2:05 pm

I'll try, but I'm not the one who usually handles this. We don't take the time to confirm bugs unless we are on the phone with a customer because:
1. It's usually a training issue anyway.
2. It's usually complicated.
3. We need to verify who we're talking to.
4. I delegate this function.
But I'll try.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed May 28, 2008 7:00 am

It's behaving as it should. Look at your operatory settings. Look at the operatory that you are dragging into. I think you accidentally have that operatory set as a hygiene operatory. If so, then naturally, it will change that setting when you drop an appointment there.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

opensource

Post by opensource » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Hello Dr. Jordan,

I appreciate you trying to verify this issue. I double checked (triple checked) the operatories setting and they all seem to be showing blank values for dentist / hygienists.

I am still scratching my head on this one :?:

btw, I was trying to attach the screenshot but looks like this forum does not have that feature :-(

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:37 pm

I'm not talking about the Dentist or Hygeinist. I'm talking about the checkbox for IsHygeine.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 am

I'm having the same problem. But it's not just when you move to another operatory, it's happening to me when I just move an appointment to a different time on the same day in the same operatory. This chair is not always hygiene, and is not always with the same doctor, so I can't setup my operatories with default providers. Here's my setup:
- I have an operatory setup with no dentist or hygienist assigned and the "Is hygiene" box is not checked.
- On this particular day, I'm scheduling it as a hygiene chair, so in my appointment I have a dentist and hygienist selected, and the "Is Hygiene" box is checked in the appointment. The hygiene color is showing.
- If I drag the appointment down to a different time, the hygienist is automatically removed from the appointment, the "Is Hygiene" box is unchecked, and the dentist color is now showing.

In the short term if this could be fixed to not change the providers if none are setup in the operatory that would be great. In the long term, if the provider could be assigned to an operatory in the schedule setup that would be even better. I think this is already listed under future versions, but I wish it could be moved up on the list.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Yes, the behavior you described has been confirmed. Obviously, the behavior was annoying, so it was changed for version 5.9. The change should be released soon. In addition, it will now always prompt before changing the provider on you. I expect this change to be enthusiastically received.
Jordan Sparks, DMD