Patient Estimated Payment for a Treatment

For users or potential users.
opensource

Patient Estimated Payment for a Treatment

Post by opensource » Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Hello Dr. jordan / Team,

I am kind of struggling on this one...I am looking for one clear place in open-dental where the front office can look for what to collect from the patient during an office visit (for their treatment that day). This becomes tricky when it involves an insured patient.

Our office creates only one "Treatment Plan" for a Patient which is based on what the Patient plans to get treated at our office over a period of time. It is not based on per appointment or treatment. Should I be creating a treatment plan for each appointment ?

Now, the appointment information shows what the total due for the appointment is (which includes the insurance estimated amount). when I double click on the "Appointment" , under Patient information it shows the "Family due" and "Patient Due" but that does not include the current appointment.

I know the office staff can go to the treatment plan and add up the $$$ for each of the procedures done during that day + the Patient overdue but as you can see, it can be error prone. Is there a single place where we can see the total the patient owes (total treatment cost - insurance estimated) for that appointment ?

With the new cleaner layout of the account module (5.6), I guess this becomes even more challenging.

If there is no such place as yet...wondering if it can be put somewhere when we click on the appointment ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Patient Estimated Payment for a Treatment

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Patient portion now shows as info on the claim row of the Account module.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

opensource

Re: Patient Estimated Payment for a Treatment

Post by opensource » Sat May 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Thanks Dr. Jordan for clarifying on this. I guess this would mean that the office would need to create a "Claim" even before checking the Patient out (or atleast as part of the Patient checkout process). Also, I tried out the scenario...and saw that it also shows the "Deductible" applicable. Does the "Patient Est" then include the deductible ?...I guess yes.

I tried looking up the manual for the above information but I do not think it was clearly called out. thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers,

Opensource