Feedback on DentalSenders.com ?

For users or potential users.
opensource

Feedback on DentalSenders.com ?

Post by opensource » Sat May 17, 2008 12:04 am

Hello Team,

Any feedback on Dentalsenders.com ?. how integrated is it with opendental ?. how is it in comparison to other products such as promptalert , etc. Does anyone know of any other service providers for automated reminder service ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on DentalSenders.com ?

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 17, 2008 7:43 am

I have no opinion one way or the other.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Hilight8

Post by Hilight8 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 am

It is tempting because it is free, but after i looked through their site and samples, I asked myself if I wanted advertising from Colgate to Nobel Biocare peppered all over every communication sent to my patients: and the answer was no!

I don't mind paying a little extra for an email newsletter service and a confirmation service than risk cheapening the image of my practice (worked very hard to build) through third party advertising...

just a thought

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 am

Hi,

My name is Tony McManus, CEO of Dental Senders. Many thanks for starting this thread and for your interest in Dental Senders. Our goal is simple. We want to provide a service compatible to our competitors with the only differentiator being cost. They charge between $2,000 to $4,000 a year for the service and we are free. The way we do this is we partnered with some of the biggest names in dentistry.

Perhaps having 4 partner logos on emails is a little too much for some offices to make this a suitable patient communications tool. See http://www.dentalsenders.com for samples. We have tried to only work with companies that you are probably already working with. A few have said they don't want XYZ logo on their emails to patients but when we go to that same offices website we see they have those same logos on their website???

Our logos help you educate patients on products that help them with their oral needs.

Hope this helps.

You can call me anytime on my cell if you have questions 323-217-3843.

Regards,

Tony

PS. Seems odd that the poster above joined this site on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 am and made his/her posting and has not logged in since??? Last visited:Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 am
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:48 pm

I am using DentalSenders right now for e-mail reminders. It seems to work very well. For 3 days we tried the text messages but had to turn that off because we got tons of complaints from patients that they are charged for text messages and wanted to be removed. You can deactivate them individually, but I decided to just can the whole thing. Maybe one day text messaging will be free.

I have yet to figure out how the birthday greetings or other features work.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Dr. Fuchs,

Many thanks for being a valued client. If we can do anything to make your experience better we are just a call or email away.

To address your question on how the birthdays work. Our software checks everyday through your Open Dental to see what patients have a birthday on that day. If you have an email address for the patient they will receive an email with balloons on it and a birthday greeting from all the staff at your office. Here is a sample

http://www.dentalsenders.com/Samples/Bi ... Sample.htm

It is a nice way of reaching out and letting your patients know that you are thinking of them on their birthday. Again, no work for you to do... we do it all.

You mentioned that you had a number of complaints about the text messages. It is true that not every patient is on a text message plan. Here is what we encourage.

You may say to the patients that complain "we recognize that there is a fee for receiving text messages (this is 10 or 20 cents). You may want to reduce their fee by $1 a year to compensate for the cost of text messages. This way at a very reasonable cost you are now able to stay in contact with your patients. Keep in mind it will only be a small % of your patients that bring this up. That said we do not want to offend patients and in difficult economic times we can not expect them to pay to receive the text messages (most patients will be on a plan).

Hope this helps.

Tony
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:47 pm

To the esteemed Mr McManus,

If you would be so kind, would you list the names of your sponsors that might be included on any DentalSenders communication.

Thank you.
Cheers!!!
Savvy
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 am

I signed up for DentalSenders, downloaded the program on my server and was ready to go... I needed some information from the company.. a login or password or something like that. I left a message and later received a message from "Jerry." Well, I've called "Jerry" about five more times but he's never there. Finally, I've given up. If their customer support is limited to one guy named Jerry I'll never get signed up because I'm sure they're inundated with calls.

Have Jerry give me a call. 303-420-1114

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Dr. Joesaar,

Hopefully we got you up and running today. Reach out anytime with questions or feedback. Again apologies for the breakdown. I am working with the account rep to see where the ball was dropped.

Regards,

Tony
323-217-3843
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

savvy wrote:To the esteemed Mr McManus,

If you would be so kind, would you list the names of your sponsors that might be included on any DentalSenders communication.

Thank you.
Cheers!!!
Savvy
Hi Savvy,

You can see our list of partners at http://www.dentalsenders.com

Regards,

Tony
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Humor me....

Your website lists featured sponsors as Nobel Biocare and Philips Sonicare, your sample letter shows Crest.

How about posting the list so us 2nd graders can see exactly what companies would be advertising by piggy backing onto the recall notices.

Cheers!!
Savvy
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 pm

savvy wrote:Humor me....

Your website lists featured sponsors as Nobel Biocare and Philips Sonicare, your sample letter shows Crest.

How about posting the list so us 2nd graders can see exactly what companies would be advertising by piggy backing onto the recall notices.

Cheers!!
Savvy
Savvy,

For now you will only see the companies that we have in our examples at http://www.dentalsenders.com (sample email) e.g. Philips, Nobel, Crest, Colgate and CC. There will only ever be 4 logos on any one email.

We may be adding new partners in the future e.g. Invisalign. We are working on a fantastic partnership with them that will be a real benefit to all Invisalign doctors and patients.

Hope this helps,

Tony
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 am

hey guys,
It's been two months since we signed up with Dental Senders and it's worked flawlessly. About once a week a patients will tell us how much they like being notified by text message and email. I've personally taken two calls from patients that were really impressed! In the beginning I was frustrated with the setup but once that got solved it's been great. We will continue with it.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:03 am

we are using the e-mail notification and it works great for many months now!!!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 am

I am hesitant to use it because of privacy issues. Essentially I am sending the email addresses of my patients to their server. If those email addresses are misused or get distributed elsewhere, I will be in big trouble.

articaine

Post by articaine » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:23 pm

What about Demand Force? DentalSenders...yeah, not sure what to think about this. If you can't get a hold of someone there, then what the hell?!!!
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:46 pm

articaine wrote:What about Demand Force? DentalSenders...yeah, not sure what to think about this. If you can't get a hold of someone there, then what the hell?!!!
I appreciate your concern re. getting in touch with someone. Rest assured our free phone number is available 8.30AM - 6PM PST 888-771-6074 or my cell if you have questions is 323-217-3843.

The guys at Demandforce I know and like. They have a great software. They do somethings we don't do and we do somethings they don't do. The difference is if you use us you save more then $3,000 a year (maybe more). Take that $3,000 each year and put it in your retirement account.

Regards,

Tony
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com

TonyMcManus

Post by TonyMcManus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:50 pm

brentwood wrote:I am hesitant to use it because of privacy issues. Essentially I am sending the email addresses of my patients to their server. If those email addresses are misused or get distributed elsewhere, I will be in big trouble.

Brentwood - We are 100% HIPAA compliant. Your information is 100% secure. Your information nor your patient information will ever be sold or shared.

In a nutshell we'd be out of business (and maybe behind bars) in no time at all if we shared or sold patient data. Some of the biggest companies in dentistry are involved in Dental Senders. They have built their reputation over the years. We will not risk their credibility nor ours by ever sharing data.

Hope this helps,

Tony
Tony McManus
Dental Senders, CEO
www.dentalsenders.com