Trojan Online - Feedback / Comments ?

For users or potential users.
opensource

Trojan Online - Feedback / Comments ?

Post by opensource » Thu May 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Hello Team,

I just got a call from Trojanonline.com offering their service. Among other things, looks like they are big on 'eligibility & benefits' checking. I am looking for feedback / comments from folks who might be already using this service

1. Does the 'Eligibility & Benefits' checking information provided by Trojanonline reports completely eliminate the need to call the insurance carriers for atleast the 'eligiblity & benefits' checking. I ask this questions specifically because we have tried some other online 'eligiblity & beneifits' checking service like that offered by 'claimconnect'..etc but unfortunately, the office had to pick up the phone since it would not give all the information that was important to the dental office..like when was the last time, some procedure was done...etc..etc. Somone how or the other, the dental office always has those out-of-the-blue questions which are not answered on the results of these 'eligiblity & benefits' checking service.

2. I was told the startup service was approx $900 + $99 per month service fee. It seems they have no trial period and the contract is atleast 6 months. I am hesitant to invest $1500 on something that I might not be able to use after trying it out for the last one week or so.

3. How good is the integration with opendental. Does it completely eliminate the updating of the insurance information in the patient record ?. Does it do automatically ?. If so, how does it all work. I tried looking up open-dental manual but did not see a very tight integration..it was more of a punch-out kind of a thing and hence the question.

4. If Trojan Online or Claimconnect is not the best service out there...is there any other service provider for 'eligiblity & benefits' checking which completely eliminates the need to call the 'insurance carrier' for this information ?

Any thoughts / feedback on this ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

eiscott

Re: Trojan Online - Feedback / Comments ?

Post by eiscott » Thu May 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Opensource,

Online eigibility and benefits services are a work in progress. The technology is definitely there, but we're rather at the mercy of what content the insurance companies chose to make available. HIPAA mandates only that they supply a "yes-no" eligibility response. Some payers have recognized the benefit of providing plan detail online (it can dramatically reduce call center costs on their end), while others simply do the best their systems currently are capable of. ClaimConnect probably has the best data available at the moment (I'm not sure, but I believe Trojan online accesses the Emdeon system for their data). We have recently been getting improved data from MetLife and are working with several other payers as well. That is the main reason every new ClaimConnect client gets a 90 day free trial of our real-time service to see if the payers and content available meets the needs of thier practice. After that, it is only $19.95 per month for unlimited inquiries. We have supplied Jordan with the information necessary to integrate our eligibility service with OpenDental.

We appreciate your feedback and will contine to work to improve this process.

Best Regards,

Scott Wellwood
COO - EDI Health Group, Inc.
http://www.dentalxchange.com
Scott Wellwood - President
EDI Health Group, Inc.
http://www.dentalxchange.com
swellwood@dentalxchange.com