Production Report

For users or potential users.
savvy

Production Report

Post by savvy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 pm

I've been wanting to ask this question for a VERY long time, but I keep forgetting.

I will generate a "This Month" production report.
There will always be "Scheduled Production" listed for many past dates.
When I go and look at the schedule for that date, all appoints will have been marked as complete. The total of daily production will match not match that listed in the daily Prouction line at the right of the schedule.
Why is that?
How can I find out what the uncompleted "scheduled production" is/was?

In most cases this daily amount is around $400. In one case, it is listed at $2664!!
As seen in the "Monthly" report the "scheduled production" amount can create a difference up to 20% of my actual production.
The yearly report seems to be accurate.
Can you expound some insight?
Thanks.

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Production Report

Post by jordansparks » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:05 pm

There's never supposed to be "scheduled production" for previous dates. All appointments for all providers are complete, huh? I've never seen that. I think it's worth taking the time to track down. I would just pick a day that showed scheduled production, and start auditing it. I would probably open up each appointment and look for procedures that had a status of TP even though the appointment was complete. I don't know what I would do from there. Probably start running queries.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:35 pm

OK, I picked a day, April 10th. According to my report, there is $203 "scheduled" and $3019 completed. I opened each patient's treat plan module and deleted everthing that was listed as TP.
I ran the report again, only to receive the same result.

What next?

Cheers!!

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:49 am

And your appointment view has all providers selected, right? And there are no hidden providers? Did you open each appointment and look at the status of each procedure? If you still can't get it, call us. We may need to get a copy of your database and try it on our end.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:54 pm

I think I've discovered the issue.
One of my frontdesk persons created an extra operatory column that I was unaware of. It only appeared during her log in on the one computer screen.
She would then drag a cancelled appointment of "to the side line," instead of putting it in the unscheduled or planned appointment section.

I trust she won't be doing this anymore.

Cheers!!!!

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy