Eclipboard on Tablet for Intake Forms

For users or potential users.
rfacko

Eclipboard on Tablet for Intake Forms

Post by rfacko » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am

We recently left Flex and are using OD for all paperless activity. All of our NP forms and med hx updates are now being sent to a tablet in the office via EClipboard. The system is very glitchy, the tablets get disconnected frequently and have to be reconnected, and more significantly the screen crashes or freezes while patients are filling out all of the paperwork, resulting in them having to repeat the paperwork, sometimes more than twice, which is just embarrassing for my office and staff. We are using A9+ tablets. We have worked with OD tech support, who often asks us to uninstall and reinstall eClipboard, but that hasn't been an effective solution. It was a lot of work to leave Flex and move to OD, and there are many upsides, but it is so glitchy for us that I'm not sure we can continue. Does anyone have any ideas to help improve reliability?

SeanS

Re: Eclipboard on Tablet for Intake Forms

Post by SeanS » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:57 am

This is something we are actively looking into. Connectivity issues can stem from quite a few places, and it may be worth calling in to see if we can help address any of the issues you are facing.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Eclipboard on Tablet for Intake Forms

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am

The way eClipboard should behave is that if it loses connection, it should not crash. Patient should instead see a progress bar of some sort while eClipboard attempts to reconnect, even if that takes 5 min and requires going into tablet settings or whatever. Under no circumstances should a loss of connection crash eClipboard or cause loss of data that was just entered on the screen. I'm not saying this is how it does behave, but that's how it should behave. We are working toward that ideal behavior. I'll hound our eClipboard team to push them in that direction.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com