maximize/minimize new version

For users or potential users.
drtbar

maximize/minimize new version

Post by drtbar » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:58 am

I just upgraded to the latest version 23.2.53, and we lost the windows function that allowed you move your mouse over the maximize/minimize button and allowed you to quick resize the window to half of screen, 1/3 of screen etc.

I'm trying to post a pic to clarify, but having trouble figuring out how to do that.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: maximize/minimize new version

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:21 pm

What version did you move from? I think it's been that way for a very long time. That's a Windows 11 feature called Snap Layouts. Open Dental uses custom title bars, so it doesn't have support for Snap Layouts. We made our own similar feature from scratch for use in the Imaging module to allow you to organize multiple open images, but it doesn't apply to any other windows.

It didn't occur to me until today that we might still be able to use MS Snap Layouts with our custom title bars. I found an MS page that gave me some hints on how to do it. It was tough, but I spent all day on it and I finally got it built. It's too dangerous to backport because it would risk destabilizing. So it will be in version 24.1. It will only work if you have Windows 11, not Windows 10.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

teethdood

Post by teethdood » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:28 am

Snap Layouts is mostly there using a work-around in current versions. Say you want OD on the left and browser on the right. Snap the browser to the right first, then you can select OD to snap to the left. Of course full support is always better. Just pointing this out if you want to do it now.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

drtbar

Post by drtbar » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:34 am

I believe we upgraded from 17 something.

I look forward to 24.1 when it is available.

I did find the workaround teethdood, but thanks for posting so others can find it as well.

Thanks for the replies!