custom report

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

custom report

Post by jamesx2 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Is it possible to save a report I have written to the custom report folder in the program? If so, how?

DavidWolf

Re: custom report

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:30 pm

If I am understanding what you want to do.....

In the User Query window there is a button to "add to favorites".
When you add the query to favorites it asks you for a name and saves the query in the favorites list.

The next time you want to run the query, open the User Query tab and select the favorites button the list of saved reports opens and you can select that query to run again.

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:39 am

no, There is a custom report tab that shows on the task bar. This tab only shows in OD if you have a report in the reports file in the a-z folder. I copied one report from the OD website and put it in there so I now have the tab, but I would like to put reports that I have written into that folder but I am not sure how to do it. The reports you put there can be run without going into the report section of the program. It makes it faster to run the report because you dont have to go to reports, favorites, etc.

Plus I am hoping that the reports found in this section are not restricted to the same security restrictions. It would be great if I can put reports into that section that can be run by anyone and just keep the others with security restrictions.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:16 am

The files would have to be .rdl files. See http://www.open-dent.com/manual/rdlproject.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com