Autosave to 'Imaging' Question

For users or potential users.
BrysonRushingDDS

Autosave to 'Imaging' Question

Post by BrysonRushingDDS » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:03 am

I recently started a new job at an office that made the switch to Open Dental, relatively recently. I'm currently in the process of setting up digital referral forms, lab slips, etc. and I have question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. As a side note, I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I'm not new to Open Dental, but I am new to configuring Open Dental in any meaningful way.

Our front desk currently uses "Sheets" for our new patient paperwork, medical history update forms, etc. and have them "Autosave to Imaging" by default and, because these forms are currently the only thing that does this, they save to a folder (in "Imaging") called 'eForms'. We would like the referral slips and lab slips to autosave to imaging as well, but would like them to not be mixed in with the 'eForms'. Currently, when they save, someone has to manually drag the lab slip into a separate directory.

Is there a way to set an autosave directory that is specific to a Sheet Type? E.g. - The referral slips save to a 'Referral' folder, lab slips save to a 'Labs' folder, etc. If not, is there a better way to set this up? Thanks in advance for your help. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BrysonRushingDDS

Re: Autosave to 'Imaging' Question

Post by BrysonRushingDDS » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:30 am

Nevermind. I found the answer! For each individual custom sheet that is created, just below where the autosave checkbox is, there is a autosave directory override dropdown menu.