EXTRACTION ICON QUESTION

For users or potential users.
tafifi

EXTRACTION ICON QUESTION

Post by tafifi » Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm

Hello

I want to know if you can make a different graphic for extractions that would work to show as completed extraction. Currently, the two options are an extraction to be planned marked as red "X". when completed, the tooth and the red "X" are removed. which is currently equivalent to having an existing missing tooth.

If you can have a graphic like the residual tooth root which shows the planned residual root removal(dictated as a red root) and completed (dictated by blue root). Currently, I am not able to put a pontic graphic over the completed residual root removal; however, I am able to put a graphic for an interm partial over the completed residual root.

Can you have the graphic icon for a pontic be equivialent to the interm partial graphic icon so I can know that I extracted a tooth and i am doing the bridge instead of not knowing if I did the extraction.

Currently, if i completed an extraction, the graphic is a missing tooth, which is equavlaent to an exisitng missing tooth.

Thank you

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: EXTRACTION ICON QUESTION

Post by jordansparks » Mon May 22, 2023 12:36 pm

That's a reasonable idea, but it's fighting with all the other requests for prominence. There are some fairly simple workarounds, so it's just not going to be very high priority. One example of a workaround. After extracting the residual root, mark that tooth missing so that you can put a pontic there. To indicate that you did the extraction, use the drawing tool to draw some sort of symbol at that location in whatever color you prefer. I think you could also type some text in certain areas if drawings weren't enough.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com