scheduling

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

scheduling

Post by jamesx2 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:24 pm

I wanted to say that we are just starting to use OD and so far it is great.

I do have one question. Is it possible from the create new appointment screen to have the treatment planned work ordered by priority? If the treatment plan is long they have to scroll up and down to make sure they are not missing any treatment to be scheduled for each visit.

Nate

Post by Nate » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:37 pm

Good question... I have also noticed that even if you have ordered the treatment plan in the treatment plan module that when the front desk goes to schedule the treatment in the appointment module they will select from the planned treatment, but all the treatment is scattered without regard to the priority setting. Often I find they do not select all of the next priority because they do not see them together in order.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:29 pm

The front desk should not be deciding the procedures for the next appointment. That's the job of the chairside assitant. At least that's the way the program was optimized.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm

Unfortionatly we do not have computers in all the ops yet. So we have the assistants prioritize the appointments so the front desk will know what procedures to appoint for each visit. This also lets us schedule several appts. at one time. The receptionist can schedule priority #1, and then Priority #2. Some patients like to have a couple appts. so they can get the times they like if the office is busy. When we get all computerized the assistants can start doing planned appts.

DavidWolf

Schedule

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:08 am

I agree that it would be nice to be able to prioritize and plan more than one appointment at a time.

Also regarding the global schedule: Would it be possible to have a place to show the schedule notes on the calendar screen for the day (the notes which are placed in the master schedule).

For example: I use holiday for vacation days and then place the note "vacation", but I also use the holiday option to close the office if I have a meeting and then place "meeting" in the note. The note doesn't really ever show in the calendar??? It is nice when looking at the calendar to know why the office is closed that day. I also use notes to block out staff vacation. It would also be nice if when you look at the calendar to be able to see those notes.

Perhaps they could be displayed in the lower right wnere the pt popup info used to be.

Thanks,
DW

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 am

If you use version 5.0, you will notice that the area at the lower right of the Appt module does indeed now have schedule info in it. but currently it's only schedule info for the employees. That's a perfect place to also show schedule notes. I'll keep that enhancement in mind.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm

also if we could get the calendar in the upper right to show days the office is closed that would be good
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Nate

Post by Nate » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:31 pm

I have 2 questions about scheduling blockouts in ver 5
1) Do you have to continually copy and paste each week of the office blockout schedule indefinitely? Or can you somehow set typical office blockout times
2) We have late office hours on Wednesday. We come in a bit later but stay until 7pm. On the scheduling times it seems the latest option is 6:30pm, is there a way to make it 7pm?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:55 pm

1. Indefinitely. Defaults were very problematic because if you change a default, then what date range should the change apply to? Repeating for something like 500 weeks is certainly an option that you could currently use and would be equivalent to "forever".

2. Type it in. The dropdown doesn't restrict you, but just makes it so you don't have to use the keyboard as much.
Jordan Sparks, DMD