Version 5.0

For users or potential users.
Jorgebon

Version 5.0

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:56 pm

Just downloaded a few hours ago and it looks awesome. The only bad thing I noticed is that the appointment module has slowed down considerably. I hope it's something that can be fixed soon. The computer at our front desk isn't as fast as the others so this could be a big problem for us.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Really? I haven't noticed this. On daily view or weekly? There shouldn't be any difference at all. Is it when you click and perform actions on certain appointments, or is it when you simply refresh the appointments module using the button at the left? On all days, or only those with appointments? I might have someone go around to each computer and time it under certain conditions. If that fails, we might get a copy of your database and do the same thing. It might be specific to your database. This was the case last year when we had the slowdown.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:07 pm

I'm trying it out at home and apparently the appt module is slow on my laptop only. It's slow all the time, from openning the module to viewing anything at all. It's fast enough on my desktop, though. The desktop has a faster processor and a good video card. I'm thinking it could also be slow at the office's frontdesk computer since it has one of those motherboard integrated video things with shared memory.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:38 pm

OK, I re-booted the laptop and it's working OK now. I think some other program must have been using up a lot of memory. Anyway, I'll let you know if it happens again.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:22 pm

I have noticed slowness printing from Vista computers regardless of the OD version. I think Vista is slower at navigating the network to communicate with a printer hooked to XP.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:11 pm

I noticed the slowness when I tried v5.0 on my backup full database from my office. I eliminated the ins indicator from the source and tried it to make sure that was not slowing it down. It didn't make any noticeable difference, so it seems fine.

I then did a database maintenance and that seemed to changed the wait time from day to day from 3 seconds to about half a second...much better.

I am not sure why this would happen with the appointment book...any thoughts Jordan or is this just a coincidence that it seemed to get faster after maintenance?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com