Alternative to DentalXchange/Claimconnect for eclaims?

For users or potential users.
kellyb

Alternative to DentalXchange/Claimconnect for eclaims?

Post by kellyb » Wed May 25, 2022 2:02 pm

I need to switch to a different eclaims Clearinghouse to test/resolve a problem with claims to certain insurers (our most common). Interesteed to know which service you are using and if you think they are worth considering - we are only using eclaims and not the other common services provided by these providers.

We are suddenly having a problem with eclaims with a D1999 code for PPE failing "validation" when going to certain Delta Dentals (AZ & Michigan). The problem is they don't grab the narrative and place it in their "Note" field, so we have to manually fix each one. No changes have been made in our system, all claims have a D1999 code for about 2 years; other insurers receive the code just fine in the correct place.

Open Dental support did a great job troubleshooting & testing, including adding a PPE note in all possible fields to make sure there was not some strange mapping change causing this.

We've spoken to DentalXChange" support several tines, and which they are friendly, they are completely clueless and not able to provide any meaningful support.

Thanks

kellyb

Re: Alternative to DentalXchange/Claimconnect for eclaims?

Post by kellyb » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:29 pm

UPDATE: I switched to EDSEDI and I am delighted.

drtbar

Re: Alternative to DentalXchange/Claimconnect for eclaims?

Post by drtbar » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm

I'm curious how you ended up with EDS. We've had Renaissance for several years and very few, if any issues, and costs $62.97/month with a small discount if paying annually.