MMS Messages

For users or potential users.
rfacko

MMS Messages

Post by rfacko » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 am

We've been using Flex for a few months and really like a lot of the features. Admittedly, since we started using Flex, OD has made a lot of features available that allow users to do similar things. I'd love to be able to switch back to using OD for all of the things Flex does both to save money and to have everything on one platform.

We have been asking patients to text photos a lot lately, helps to answer questions they have over the phone and save a visit. I'm not aware of OD being able to accept MMS messages (photos), and I'm surprised that I'm not able to find a feature request for MMS messages.

Should I submit a feature request for MMS messaging? Is there anything currently in the works?

jasony

Re: MMS Messages

Post by jasony » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi rfacko, I have checked and found that we do not have any feature requests or pending work for MMS messaging. If this is something you would like, please submit a feature request. However, something to consider for this is that it will would be a lot more expensive per message than standard text messaging.

rhaber123

Re: MMS Messages

Post by rhaber123 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:38 pm

The workarounds:

1- text / provide them the office email address and they can email it to you from their cellphone.

2- or get a free google voice number,
and they can text you images, or anything, to the google voice number. You will get a pop up when someone send you a text
Your staff can send them a text from google voice and they will reply with the photos, or anything required...

**Note: you can forward the google voice number to your main office number, just in case they call it.