Columns overlapping in query reports

For users or potential users.
Tom Zaccaria

Columns overlapping in query reports

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:43 am

Updated to the latest version of OpenDental yesterday and noticed that some of the columns in query reports are overlapping. It seems to be when a text column, like email address, is next to a number column, like cell number, the text runs into the numbers even though there is plenty of room on the sheet. Called support and they didn't have an answer.

Anyone else have this problem? This version is pretty far along so I am surprised this didn't surface earlier.

The workaround seems to be, export the information to Excel, reformat the columns and go from there.

Thanks,
drtmz

jmazzie

Re: Columns overlapping in query reports

Post by jmazzie » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:56 am

I found i was having this issue on higher resolution displays. My workaround was to change OD to Enhanced System for display properties in windows which solved this issue for me
Jeff

jasony

Post by jasony » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:07 am

Hi Tom, looks like our Engineers have been notified and will work on a resolution. I will update this thread or a tech will call you directly when this is fixed.

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:24 am

This has been fixed in the latest version 21.4.28 to a degree. It seems the column headers determine the width of the column as in Excel. For example, 'Recall' as a column heading will reserve at least 6 to 8 spaces. The return is only a one digit answer eg 6. This wastes a lot of space on the page. The work-around I have been using is the substring function. Substring(Recall,1,3) for example.

drtmz

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:29 am

Forgot. You have to make the column headings narrower also as in PtRecall. Change code to PtRecall as 'Rcl'.

drtmz

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:40 am

Looks like the printing work-a-rounds I described above will work on a locally installed printer. When using our network printer here at the office same old issue with predetermined column widths that won't change.
Anyone else having these issues?
Both printers are HP BTW.

drtmz