Server Time in Open Dental

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Server Time in Open Dental

Post by jclaydds » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:52 am

I am going to begin using the time clock feature tomorrow in Open Dental. The time on my server was an hour off since the time change a week or two ago. I manually reset the time and it reverted back to the incorrect time within a short time. I went to the Microsoft web site and downloaded the proper patch to correct the issue in Windows 2003 Server that I am running. It was a patch that corrected the time issue immediately without a reboot of the server. The time is correct on server in the lower right corner. The problem is that none of my client workstations that are running Open Dental are picking up the correct time evidenced by the time shown under the Manage tab in OD. Even the copy of OD on the server doesn't show the proper time. Do you think I need to reboot the server before Open Dental will pick it up? Any other ideas?
Thanks

tdong

Re: Server Time in Open Dental

Post by tdong » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:03 am

First
-are you running the server with Domain and DNS ? are the workstations point to the DNS of the server ? example server ip is 192.168.1.3 every works stations need to have that DNS in orders to see the server and register Domain etc.

Second you need to update the daily saving for all the workstation as well I assume you are using XP. and it does take time to update the time. the time in the Domain Controller will be distribute to all computers can take up to 30 min

Good luck

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am

Well you certainly would have to at least restart Open Dental on all computers.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 am

I waited several hours for the workstations to pick up the correct time off the server but no luck! I tried simply restarting the workstations but that did not fix the problem. I ended up doing a restart on the server and problem solved!