Database splitting by clinics issues.

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Database splitting by clinics issues.

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:46 pm

Good evening,
I'm in the middle of splitting the database by "clinics" entries, evaluating the test splits.
Suggestions are appreciated for the account balances issues.
The main issue I'm having right now is the account balances are randomly off for many accounts.
For example. Let's name the databases BeforeSplit, and Clinic1 and Clinic2.
Mainly 2 scenarios.
1. The patient in Beforesplit has $0 balance and is absent on A/R receivable. It would appear on the Clinic2 A/R report with $1300 balance.
2. The patient in BeforeSplit has an equal balance with the Clinic1 or Clinic2 (depending where the patient is landing).

Scenario 2 is ideal and my understanding is that the scenario 1 is resulting from the patient is getting a credit in one clinic for the treatment done in the other one. Thus I would suspect there should be a scenario 3, where the patient with a $0 balance before split would have a $0 balance in one of the aftersplit clinics, should there been no cross-posted credits, but the amounts of treatment balances and payments would be smaller than the actual treatments done if the patient was treated and credited properly in both of the clinics. Basically, some of the treatments and matching amounts of payments would be missing.

I know I have been warned about it prior to the split. I know there was a proposed solution of zeroing out the balances.
My question (actually 3 questions) are as follows:
1. At each year end we get a bunch of the requests for statements, people ask it for tax purposes, FSA, HSA reporting etc. How can I give them an accurate information of what they paid to me. If the matter of problem was only about splitting the balances between 2 clinics, then it would be a no issues, both clinics would give the patient their partial statements that should total the actual amounts.
2. Can the conversion be carried out in a way where the payments are bound to the patient, and not bound to the clinic?
3. If #2 is not possible, what are the procedures for issuing statements to the patients after the accounts have been 0-ed out? What are the implications? Will zero outing of the accounts delete all the credits and all the debts?

Thank you

joes

Re: Database splitting by clinics issues.

Post by joes » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:56 am

I reached out to our Conversion team, and due to the complexity of the issue, they advised that you call support at 503-363-5432 to discuss and troubleshoot with a member of our Clinical Escalations Team.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com