(other appt)

For users or potential users.
DavidWolf

(other appt)

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:37 am

Wondering how hard it would be to have the date of the "other" appointment in parenthesis instead of the generic (other appt)? In the edit appointment window.

Also wondering how hard it would be to automatically reset the appointment confirmation status back to not called or the default when an appointment is rescheduled.

Just a few thoughts.
Thanks.

drtech

Re: (other appt)

Post by drtech » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:49 pm

yes, I think those are fairly doable...i will look into adding that for v5.7

another thing for moving broken appts. I want it to stay broken if you move it around the schedule on the same day, and to reset to scheduled again if you move it to another day. Also to disable the auto provider switching if moving a broken appt to another column. We routinly do this when a pt's breaks an appt to immed open the space on the book, but want to follow up with the patient the same day before placing them on the unscheduled list.
This would be in about the same place for changing the status back to unconfirmed, so they could be done together.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: (other appt)

Post by jordansparks » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 pm

If it was easy to put the date in, it would have already been done. I don't want a date in (other appt) if it slows things down. drtech, I think you'd have to get fairly fancy to pull that information up with one query. The simple (slow) way is to run a separate query to get each date.

As for changing behavior, please be careful. People are used to certain behavior and will protest change. Your description of the the new behavior for broken appt is acceptable. But there is a better way to handle provider switching, I think. I think the program should always ask the user before changing the provider if moving an appointment to another column in the same day. It would be a yes or no question. Changing the status back to unconfirmed sounds fine.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com