TEMPERATURE LOG

For users or potential users.
Hersheydmd

TEMPERATURE LOG

Post by Hersheydmd » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 pm

As crazy as this may sound, NYC has started sending inspectors into dental offices (and I presume other businesses) to check on compliance with COVID-19 regulations. One of the regulations requires you to keep a separate temperature log. It isn't enough that you record the temp in the patients' charts. You must be able to produce a log to show the inspector. I heard of one doctor who was fined $1,500 for not having a separate log, even though his office was doing everything right, with PPE and barriers, and social distancing, and temperature recorded in his patient charts.
Have you set up a TEMPERATURE Appointment Field yet? It's very easy and OD has instructions online.
Once you do that you can use a query to print out the log or save it to an excel spreadsheet for quick retrieval if the need arises.
I am still a newbie at writing queries. This took me the better part of the evening to figure out. I am happy to share it.

/*Temperature Log*/
SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 AS '#',DATE(AptDateTime) AS DATE, TIME(AptDateTime) AS TIME, CONCAT(p.LName,', ',p.FName) AS PATIENT, af.FieldValue AS TEMP
FROM appointment a
INNER JOIN apptfield af ON a.AptNum=af.AptNum
INNER JOIN patient p ON a.PatNum=p.PatNum
GROUP BY p.PatNum
ORDER BY DATE(AptDateTime), TIME(AptDateTime)
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

Tom Zaccaria

Re: TEMPERATURE LOG

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:18 am

Nice evening's work.
Thanks,

drtmz

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Did not know that.
it will be helpful if that is posted on OD Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/opendentalusersgroup
Well done like usual

THANK YOU.

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:03 pm

I know that Doctors and staff are required to keep a separate daily temperature log
I don't know if that can be recorded and kept in OD

KristinAdahills

Post by KristinAdahills » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:41 am

In using the query, we are getting results for all the patient fields we use. How do we narrow this down to only be a certain date and certain patient field?

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:04 pm

You have to know the FieldName you are using to store the temperatures. Run this query

SELECT * from Apptfield limit 50

This will give you the FieldName and the value in it. For example, the FieldName might be Temperature and the Fieldvalue(s) 97.5, 98.0 etc. Once you have the proper name the query can be modified. The date limitation is very easy to add.

drtmz