Dexis bridging issues

For users or potential users.
jonesdds12

Dexis bridging issues

Post by jonesdds12 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am

This is not an Open Dental issue exactly but only happens when going through open dental to Dexis. When I click the Dexis button in Open Dental with a patient's chart up it brings up xrays as usual, no issues at all. But when I close Dexis using the X in the middle of the Dexis task bar at top I get this error:

Restart 208 */255/Dexis.exe/0019F718

This is only happening on my office workstation, I only view xrays from there. I've not tried closing from the UR X on Dexis, my right side windows taskbar is in the way for that, but don't really care, I shouldn't get this message anyway.

I've had my IT guy looking into it, my concern is will lead to bigger problems. Thats gone nowhere so far. I got sick of paying the ridiculous warranty for Dexis, and don't want to call them and pay for tech support, if possible. And probably not figure it out. I've not been too concerned to fix asap as otherwise no issues but the other day my mapped drive for Dexis was gone making it inoperable.

The issue doesn't happen when I open Dexis separately by the way.

Do I have a Dexis error related to Open Dental here? Any Dexis users experienced this error?

GSKvIT

Re: Dexis bridging issues

Post by GSKvIT » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:08 am

This is Dexis related.

Try using file->exit and see if the issue persists. You can do a reinstallation or update of Dexis and re-bridge this in OD to fix the issue.

Dexis is quite a heavy software for what it offers. There are better alternatives that are lighter. And offer comparable, more cost effective sensors. DM me if you want more information.
IT Professional
10+ Years
Certified Microsoft Partner
Entrepreneur & Investor

https://biglittlefy.com