Setting Sheets CheckBox to true by default & change color

For users or potential users.
Maxillo

Setting Sheets CheckBox to true by default & change color

Post by Maxillo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:21 am

Hello,

I recently switched to OD and have been very happy with the level of customization it offers.

When designing custom sheets, I often edit the XML file in an external editor and import it back into OD. I have looked, but cannot find the documentation to set checkbox to true by default and to change the color of the "X" mark (so that it stands out better).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? The XML file has a <FieldValue> field and a <ItemColor> field, but changing their values does not have an affect on the "X" appearance.

Best Regards

Mike G

joes

Re: Setting Sheets CheckBox to true by default & change color

Post by joes » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:19 am

Hello Mike, there currently is no way to set the checkbox checked by default within the program, but if you are editing the XML file, setting the FieldValue to <FieldValue>X</FieldValue> will make the checkbox checked by default. Unfortunately, a custom color for the checkbox is not possible within the program or by editing the XML file because the program doesn't use the ItemColor value for checkboxes. Please consider submitting a feature request for custom checkbox colors.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Maxillo

Re: Setting Sheets CheckBox to true by default & change color

Post by Maxillo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Thanks. That is very helpful. Will give it a go.

Cheers