Zoom magnification!!

For users or potential users.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Zoom magnification!!

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:39 pm

I just added zoom magnification (not the video app) to all windows in Open Dental. No, it wasn't easy. It was the culmination of about 5 months of intensive work. But I thought I had another month to go, and then all of a sudden everything just fell into place. IT WORKS! What it means is that we will have infinite zoom levels with no blurriness. The entire UI scales. On a normal HD monitor, a zoom of 142% is as big as you can go before parts of windows would be too big to fit. I think a lot of offices are going to set it to 142%. Yes, this works on multiple monitors, each with different resolution and scaling. I was only doing it for 4K monitors, and it didn't really hit me until I saw it working on my screen that even slight scaling on normal monitors would be crystal clear with no blurriness. It will be in Version 20.4 with no release date set.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

dqadri

Re: Zoom magnification!!

Post by dqadri » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm looking forward to this. I have my main monitor at 3840 x 2160 and my forward facing 4K TV doubles as a second monitor at 3840 x 2160. This will definitely make them more usable.
--
Danish Qadri, DMD

Lake Family Dentistry
296 Lake Ave
Colonia, NJ 07067

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 am

Well, Hallelujah! I knew there were problems when I started using my loupes to read my treatment notes!

Many thanks Jordan!
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 am

Outstanding!

Thanks for that.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 am

sounds great!....one thought though, can you include an option to have the appointment module be the normal magnification while the other modules zoomed in? (Or maybe module by module options if any other modules would benefit from that.) I think having more screen real-estate on the appt book is great, where on other modules zooming in would be helpful.

Thanks!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com