New Statement Balance

For users or potential users.
drforlano

New Statement Balance

Post by drforlano » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am

Can anyone tell me why there is no balance column on the new versions statement? Or do I have it hidden by mistake? :?

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:41 am

i don't think there is a way to hide it. You should have three columns. Charges, Credits, Balance, just as in the account module.

Now what is different is it won't show the individual patient balance separate outside of the grid, because it isn't needed...it shows in the running balance. Is that what you mean?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 pm

The older statements had each patients balance due outside of their box It is helpful for many reasons - speciallyfor the larger familes with claims outstanding and others paid. Thanks Tracey @ Dr Forlano's

BonK

Re: New Statement Balance

Post by BonK » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 am

I agree with Tracy about the old statements and individual balances. I also would like to know why they were changed? The old statement linked all services to one patient. This new statement looks very confusing --- if several family members have the same date of service, they are not listed per family member, they are listed per treatment code. We started this program in June and just felt like we have educated our patients with the "new" statement. Now it is changed again! Why "mess" with something that was working!! :)

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:03 am

drtech, we don't have 3 columns on our statements. Other than the date, code, tooth, description and fee columns, we have six other columns, three of them have blank headings and the other three are labeled: "Ins" "Adj" and " Paid"

It doesn't look like the ledger in the accounts module. My girls called OD and melissa said this is the new format. This can't be! Please help.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 am

What specific version are you using? Are you on some old beta version?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:55 am

We are using version 5.5.14.0

Don't know about the beta versions. How do I check that?

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

goto Setup | Misc and uncheck "Print Simple Statements" in the upper right. This must have somehow gotten checked. This is a modification of the regular statement I used in our office that really just hides things we found confusing to our patients and tried to make it simpler.

Starting with v5.6 this option goes away as the statement is truly redesigned. (which you can upgrade to now if you want...it is in beta testing right now...working great in our office)
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com