Break Recall Appointment

For users or potential users.
Nate

Break Recall Appointment

Post by Nate » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:47 pm

We recently updated OD and found out that you can not break an appointment if it’s for recall! It makes you delete the appointment. Is there a way to change settings to allow breaking recall appointments?

We use to break the appointment and send to the unscheduled list if patient calls to cancel the appointment. There was an automatic pop up that allowed us to document the call ( ie they said they will call back, or out of town, or work issue, etc). Now it seems patients can cancel or miss an appointment and we will not have good documentation unless we then go into the comm log to type in information. It’s an extra step that we may not always remember to do.

JimZ

Re: Break Recall Appointment

Post by JimZ » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:25 am

If you go to Setup- Appointments -Appt Preferences you will find a box in the bottom left of the Appts tab that is checked to prevent recall appointments on the Unscheduled list. Just uncheck it and it will revert to the way you want. I believe this was done to prevent recall appointments from falling through the cracks on the recall system.

Nate

Re: Break Recall Appointment

Post by Nate » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks for the help! I will try that when I return to the office. Our recall system usually appoints patients for recall at time of last appointment. We also do monthly recall and confirmation reminders. We even do quarterly recall reminders if some patients break appointments or somehow fall through the cracks. So we much rather the ability to track and document broken/canceled/ or rescheduled appointments. I imagine a lot more communication log notes will fall through the cracks and not be documented with the new default settings.

Thanks again... I called OpenDental yesterday when I noticed the issue and the rep did not explain a way around it or offer advise. Another great reason to utilize the OD forum with help from other knowledgeable dentist/offices.