Eclipboard Thoughts

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Eclipboard Thoughts

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:13 pm

As I've started working with Eclipboard - a couple of thoughts:

1) The birthdate spinner entry is inefficient for entering birth year - especially for us old folks, it would be nice to have a direct input also
2) It is impossible to tell whether further questions are available on the form - you have to know that you can scroll up. it's very easy to mark 'finished' when you are not. I would suggest, some sort of paging notification or scroll bar indicator.
3) I would love to see backgrounds, logos, etc.

I finally decided to try this on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A which is a very reasonably priced tablet ($175); the keyboard is a Fintie (available from Amazon/Walmart) ($30). This seems like a very good fit for a dedicated tablet and likely not as likely to 'walk' away from the office

More to come as I work with it. I do find the process to send the forms to the kiosk to be a little cumbersome. I'll get used to it, but it's not intuitive.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Rickliftig

Re: Eclipboard Thoughts

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Also, I had posted this as a feature request: the ability for a patient to take a photo of their insurance card.

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 am

Another thought: Incorporate the use of autonotes. As nice as it is to have certain fields populated automatically (ie. Emergency Contact) some fields could really benefit from autonote integration.

For example: Ar you having any problems today?
Yes
Can you describe it?
My tooth hurts
Where is it located?
Check box: Upper right; upper left; lower right; lowerleft

You get the idea,

Also, wouldn't it be good to see some indication that a new form was available and needed to be reviewed? For example, show it as a different color or font in the chart or show a flashing button somewhere in the program?

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

lukemiletta

Post by lukemiletta » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:49 am

Hey Rick,

1) In terms of the birthday spinner/picker, it does seem a bit slow on Android. I'll talk to our team to see if we should do anything moving forward.
2) In the next update, the scroll bar will show when filling out a form. It was a bug we didn't notice. Keep your eyes open for the update to the eClipboard app within the next week.
3) For the background/logos/autonotes ideas, you could post another feature request. I like the idea of the patient taking a picture of their insurance card as well. We have lots of ideas for features and enhancement for eClipboard moving forward.

Thanks for the feedback!
- Luke

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks Luke.

One more observation and I feel that this is very important. When multiple sheets are sent to the clipboard, there is a click box on the bottom right of the screen that says, “NEXT”. This is very misleading as it implies that there are more questions after you press “NEXT”.

Instead, tHe button should have a very clear description, IMO, something like, “Are you done entering all your information onto this form? If so, click here for the NEXT form.”

It has to be as easy and as clear as possible, because if there’s a way to screw it up, our patients will find it.

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net