"In House" Membership Plans

For users or potential users.
Sandy

"In House" Membership Plans

Post by Sandy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:21 am

We are interested in offering membership/patient loyalty plans, and have researched the third party options. I'm looking for some insight from offices that are currently administering their own plans within Open Dental. Would you recommend it? I know that each state has it's own regulations regarding administering these types of plans, and we are located in Oregon. Any feedback/advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

Third Coast

Re: "In House" Membership Plans

Post by Third Coast » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am

Unfortunately I can't offer any insight into your question, but would also be interested in any recommendations.

Especially how people typically handle:
-Charges (recurring monthly auto-charge VS down payment/monthly auto-charge VS all at once annual fee)?
-Pre-notifications of renewals if on an annual fee plan as to not have a "surprise" large auto-charge OR lapse of renewal until pt. decides to renew/schedule for the following year?
-If on a monthly recurring charge, handling people who want to cancel the membership, have used services, so would technically owe the full membership fee?

My current thoughts are to charge an initial "sign-up fee" which would basically cover half of the membership at the first cleaning, then set-up monthly charges starting the following month at the other "half" of the membership fee over the next six months. That way when they are due for the next cleaning, they've basically pre-paid and then after a year on the plan they've basically pre-paid for the third cleaning. Of course evaluation of current fees and discount percentages/procedures would have to be evaluated to ensure patients are getting a "deal" but the provider is still content.