Signature Problem in Kiosk Talbet

For users or potential users.
LegalHammer

Signature Problem in Kiosk Talbet

Post by LegalHammer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Hello folks:

Pretty major issue when having patients fill out registration forms on our tablet kiosk. It's an RCA Cambio 10.1".

ISSUE 1: In kiosk mode, the patient is able to complete the text entry boxes without a problem. On the same sheet, if there is a signature box, the signature box routinely doesn't work, it doesn't recognize the patient trying to sign with their finger or stylus on the screen. The signature box simply stays blank. If I reconnect the tablet to the magnetic keyboard, the signature box generally works at that point - I can then disconnect from the keyboard and hand it over to the patient, until a new sheet needs to be signed, and then the problem happens again.

ISSUE 2: Also, I've spoken with Open Dental support about this issue -- putting the Windows system into software tablet mode disables your ability to use the touch screen to interact with the kiosk window. When you're in regular software desktop mode, even when using the tablet without a keyboard attached, this problem does not appear. Open Dental support wasn't really able to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your anticipated help everyone.

PatrickC

Re: Signature Problem in Kiosk Talbet

Post by PatrickC » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:55 pm

What version of Open Dental are you using, and what version of windows is running on these tablets?
Patrick Carlson
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

LegalHammer

Post by LegalHammer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Sorry for the delayed response.

Windows 10 / OD 19.1.53.0, we recently updated OD software but no change.

Thanks!

PatrickC

Post by PatrickC » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:24 am

For kiosk and tablet PC's, we have tested with the Windows Surface Pro, without these issues. I'm inclined to lean towards a hardware/driver issue with the RCA Cambio 10.1, but can not decisively say so without direct testing.

Another option to keep an eye on for a Kiosk device similar in cost to the RCA Cambio would be an Android or Apple tablet running eClipboard.
Patrick Carlson
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

LegalHammer

Post by LegalHammer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm

I think I'll just have to use a PDF fillable form, and then import the PDF into the patient's images, to avoid the extra monthly cost of eClipboard.