Problems with Dexis bridge.

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Problems with Dexis bridge.

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Hello.
I am having issues accessing Dexis through OD on recently purchased laptop. The Dexis is installed properly, I can access all the patients (through Dexis management tool from this laptop). All my existing workstations are functioning as intended and I am able to call Dexis from Opendental on them.

The issue is the Opendental complains it cannot see C:\\DEXIS\DEXIS
In the past, I remember having this issue several times I installed the Dexis, but was able to resolve them by tinkering with permissions.
C:\\Dexis\Dexis exists for sure and I'm able to launch it manually.
As far as I remember, the workaround I found was related to permissions. The permissions of either Dexis.exe or Opendental executable (or both) needed to be relaxed more.
This time this is not working for some reason. I loosened up all the permissions to Dexis.exe, but no luck.
I further loosened up the permissions of OpenDental.exe, also no luck.
Definitely missing something.
Can you advise?

Tom Zaccaria

Re: Problems with Dexis bridge.

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:49 am

I see you have a compatibility tab as a choice. in VixWin when this happens with an update we select the Compatibility and change the selection to Windows 7.
This may or may not be your problem.

drtmz

Topical

Post by Topical » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:59 am

I was having the same problem. I fix it. Go to properties of open dental and dexis. In the advanced setting, check run as administrator.

Topical

Post by Topical » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:01 am

I was having the same problem. I fix it. Go to properties of open dental and dexis. In the advanced setting, check run as administrator.