Taking images with the iPhone directly into Open Dental

For users or potential users.
Justin Shafer

Taking images with the iPhone directly into Open Dental

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:12 pm

I have an app in the Apple Store that will allow you to take images directly into Open Dental via wifi.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ioc-snaps ... 55167?ls=1

As soon as you press the camera's capture button they will be inside of the IOC Snapshot plugin here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6392

The camera app for the iPhone is the sender, and the camera plugin in Open Dental is the receiver. It can also work in Apteryx (you can create an ortho mount in Apteryx!), Dexis, VixWin and Kodak\Carestream.

Tested to work with this mounts bluetooth capture button as well and the telephoto lens on the newer iphones.

mafiaxxx

Re: Taking images with the iPhone directly into Open Dental

Post by mafiaxxx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 am

good stuff
Short Circuited Computer Services
Medical and Dental Computer Techs.
http://www.shortcircuited.net

Ardavan

Re: Taking images with the iPhone directly into Open Dental

Post by Ardavan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Nice, thanks for sharing!

I'd like to pick your brain a little with some annoying questions:
1) Are there intermediary servers or is the connection direct from phone to app (relying on OD and iPhone being on the same LAN)? Based on the screenshot I'd guess OD and iPhone are on same network segment?
2) Is the payload encrypted or does it rely on the security of the underlying wireless connection?

I love how you're constantly improving your software and exploring new frontiers, that browser based OD implementation you shared a while back inspired me to skin the cat using Apache Guacamole (RDP over HTML5).
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer