Covered Services Payment Table

For users or potential users.
EFD

Covered Services Payment Table

Post by EFD » Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello, I have a Physicians Mutual insurance plan that has a fixed payment table. This means it only pays a $$ amount for each code vs. the percentage. Even better, they have Schedule A, B, and C. How can this be set up in open dental, step by step? I am a new user and in dentrix it was a simple fee schedule set up. I am assuming since this software is way better that it is just called something different but I am racking my brain and searching all over. HELP!

Jorgebon

Re: Covered Services Payment Table

Post by Jorgebon » Fri May 24, 2019 6:15 am

It will depend on if you have a contractual obligation to accept their fees or if you can have the patient pay the difference up to your normal fee schedule. If you have a contract to accept those fees, just set up a normal fee schedule for each one of their fee levels. You could call them Physicians Mutual A, Physicians Mutual B and Physicians Mutual C. When you set up each patient's insurance plan, choose the correct schedule. If the patient pays the difference up to your fees, then set up those fee schedules as "out of network" and then when you set up the patient's insurance, choose your normal fee schedule and then choose the Physician's Mutual schedule as the "Carrier Allowed amounts".
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005