Invalid Backup Path Error

For users or potential users.
LaurelL

Invalid Backup Path Error

Post by LaurelL » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm trying to backup OD and I keep getting "Invalid From Path" error. I've checked everything and it seems like it should be C:\mysql\data\opendental\. That is the only place that is getting updated files. I can't understand what I did to cause this problem. I just have a very small practice with one computer- no server.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

jsalmon

Re: Invalid Backup Path Error

Post by jsalmon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:59 am

Maybe the path is correct and you just forgot to run Open Dental as an administrator and so you don't have access to it?
Call in to support and we can help you locate your database and get the backup system working.
Or, if you're feeling froggy, you can do it yourself by opening up your Windows "Service Manager" > find the MySQL service in the list of services > right click > Properties > the "Path to executable" value should start with a path to a .exe file followed by a space and then a path to a my.ini file. Navigate to and open up that .ini file in your favorite text editor and there should be an entry in that file that says "datadir=[path to dbs]". The [path to dbs] will be where all of your databases are located. That's the root path that needs to be used in the "From Path".
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com