Facebook Booking - Google Calendar sync- BOOK NOW

For users or potential users.
rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Facebook scheduling has been available for use for a long time, but just recently Facebook is offering the option to sync your google calendar with Facebook scheduler.
Once an appointment is booked on Facebook, Facebook Messenger will send a confirmation.
Facebook Scheduler and Facebook Messenger probably are NOT HIPPA compliant

Google Calendar plugin - Google Calendar sync with OD schedule - (works with all OD versions) http://www.mopensoft.com/google-sync
or any other software that can sync OD with google calendar can also be used, there are few app/plugin now available to OD users
Google Suite is HIPPA Compliant

Should you use Facebook real time booking with OD and google calendar? In my opinion, probably not, until Facebook become HIPPA compliant.

How it works - Facebook Scheduling - Google Calendar sync - BOOK NOW :

*** Services are created on Facebook business page, times are assigned , messages are created for each service, etc..

*** Second "Google Calendar plugin" from Mopensoft webpage is installed (30 days free trial) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6451 ,
or any other software that can sync OD with google calendar can also be used, there are few app/plugin now available to OD users
no need to create an account with Simplybook me scheduling service , but with Facebook scheduling

*** Third, on Face book business page, click "add a button" , contact you, book now, the " Book Now " button will give you the option to pick the option to sync with Google Calendar, ...follow the instructions.... You need to do the settings inside Facebook now to allow for sending and receiving messages through Facebook
Facebook Scheduling offer many many nice features that are good to explore.

1- The scheduling is being made through Facebook booking system
2- Facebook booking system will sync with Google Calendar.
3- All the confirmations are sent through Facebook Messenger
4- your staff will enter the appointment in OD
5- The Google Calendar plugin will sync the appointments that are in OD with Google Calendar

Two main questions arise
1- Is Facebook scheduling (Book Now) HIPPA compliant? the answer is NO
2- Are Facebook Messenger regular and auomated messages, used for confirmation and scheduling, HIPPA compliant? the answer is NO

It may be appealing to use Google Calendar sync with OD to allow your patients to make their appointments through Facebook, although Google calendar is HIPPA compliant through Google suite, but Facebook service probably is not HIPPA compliant

https://www.facebook.com/help/community ... 0116455724

Section 2.3 of the Facebook for Workplace Enterprise Agreement:

2.3. Prohibited Data. You agree not to submit to Workplace any patient, medical or other protected health information regulated by HIPAA or any similar federal or state laws, rules or regulations (“Health Information”) and acknowledge that Facebook is not a Business Associate or subcontractor (as those terms are defined in HIPAA) and that Workplace is not HIPAA compliant. “HIPAA” means the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended and supplemented. Facebook will have no liability under this Agreement for Health Information, notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Mopensoft. I am just a user that has been using many of his plugin for few years now, and I have received a very good service.