easynotespro vs. auto note: which way is best?

For users or potential users.
Mifa

easynotespro vs. auto note: which way is best?

Post by Mifa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Greeetings everyone,

I'm considering a tool to simplify the chair-side data input. I've seen a few mentions in this forum (and the old forum as well) about EasyNotesPro, there's also the new Auto Note feature in OD and someone even hinted using MS Word's autocorrect feature.

While EasyNotesPro seems to have many more features already built in than Auto Note, I haven't seen much happening in terms of new developments in the last year or so: their website has apparently not been updated in a long while. On the other hand, Auto Note has the advantage of being already a part of OD, but it will require lots of efforts to setup, as it is also the case for Word's autocorrect.

After this long introduction, my question is very short: can anyone using one (or both) of these tools tell me how they like it?

Thanks

fmr

Post by fmr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:40 am

I've worked with both and much prefer OD's Autonote feature. Unless you're willing to accept Easy Notes' prewritten entries, setup is very time consuming with Easy Notes. Easy Notes already has entries for every procedure, but I don't agree with most of them, or want to expand on them. It allows you to customize them though. There's also the issue of getting the entries from Easy Notes into OD. AutoNote is very simple to set up. Yes, it takes a little effort, but nothing in my opinion compared to Easy Notes. Auto Note does have some need-to-corrected flaws that I'm told by the developer are easy fixes, but they haven't been addressed yet. Nevertheless, it's not as complicated and time consuming as Easy Notes was for me. It's one of my favorite features!

Hope this helps!