Daily reports showing adjustments

For users or potential users.
Cypresspd

Daily reports showing adjustments

Post by Cypresspd » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm new to Open Dental and I am use to running an EOD with Eaglesoft. I know that I just print the reports daily, but we are "In-network" and have fee schedules attached to patients accounts and I want to see the adjustments on the report when the procedures are walked out? Is that possible? It seems that the daily reports always show our standard fees and not taking into consideration the fee schedules.

cmcgehee

Re: Daily reports showing adjustments

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm

When you attach a fee schedule to a patient, then when a procedure is charted, the procedure's fee will be pulled from the patient's fee schedule instead of UCR fees. It will not create an adjustment for it. It sounds like Eaglesoft represents in-network fee schedules different than Open Dental. In Open Dental, the proper place to enter the in-network fee schedule is on the insurance plan, not on the patient.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

cavitycrusader

Post by cavitycrusader » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 pm

from what I understand for the EOD in eaglesoft is that it locks up that day and after it's done no one can go back and alter it..also mistakes are caught that day ....

but if OD doesn't have that....doesn't it open it up for more manipulation from a shady staff member?

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 am

You can set this up in Open Dental by restricting user permissions to not be able to edit anything older than 1 day.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com