Posterior Composite downgrade

For users or potential users.
Oysterpointsmiles

Posterior Composite downgrade

Post by Oysterpointsmiles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 am

Requesting a feature to obtain the correct copayment for downgrading posterior composites to amalgam, giving the remaining portion to be patients responsibility. The explanation of benefits states, any difference between the Provider's charge and our allowance is the subscribers responsibility. :x
This leaves a huge difference for our patient's copay that was originally quoted and the actual amount they truly owe. For example patient leaves thinking copay is $16.49 for a one surface posterior filling and it's truly $132.01 this leaves our patients very angry at us!!! :oops: Just imagine this, if they had four fillings done. WOW!!!!!
Please apply points/pledges to feature request #5570
Thank You,
Oyster Point Smiles

cmcgehee

Re: Posterior Composite downgrade

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

As it turns out, I completed this feature just a few weeks ago! There was a duplicate feature request 6731 which asked for the same thing. 6731 got attached to the job and marked completed. I appreciate you bringing this up because it enables me to mark 5570 completed as well! This feature will be available in 18.2. If you uncheck "PPO substitution calculate writeoffs" in the Edit Insurance Plan window, then the difference between the original UCR fee and what the insurance pays will be the patient responsibility.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com