Possibly a bug in reports.

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Possibly a bug in reports.

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:25 pm

I noticed today that when I am comparing numbers between Daily report (insurance payment row) and Monthly report for the same date (also insurance income), the numbers don't match.
Daily report seems to be short of money, bythe amount that I can only attribute to one $30 check. The only $30 check I entered today was from Dominion Dental, which is setup as Capitation.
Furthermore, no other capitation checks were entered today.
What is interesting, that the check for 30 dollars was split between 4 patients, 2 of which had $0 payments each, and 2 of which had $15 payments each.
I had to scan EOB separately to $0 patients because they failed to display in batch check window (probably due to zero amount of payment), yet I still wanted their EOB's to be scanned, just to be sure I have them if I need it later.
Those 2 capitation payments of $0 each actually DO show up on the daily report as $0 checks.
The capitation payment of $30 for 2 patients in batch check does not show on the daily report.

So, it is possible, that daily report has a bug that prevents the batch capitation payments to show on the Daily report, while the numbers show on Monthly report.

cmcgehee

Re: Possibly a bug in reports.

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 am

To clarify, are talking about the Production and Income reports?
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

Yes, correct.

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 am

I suspect this issue will be too complicated to troubleshoot via the forums. Go ahead and call in to support and show them the issue.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:04 pm

OK, I will.
It is not giving me any inconveniences, just noted what I think is a bug.