Add service notes to appointment view

For users or potential users.
Colfax Doc

Add service notes to appointment view

Post by Colfax Doc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 pm

I can't find any way to add information from the service notes box to show either on an appointment in the appointment module view, or on the bubble that comes up when you mouse over it. We would like to be able to put information there along the lines of "pt likes pillow" or "nitrous pt" so that everyone can see it and make sure they have everything ready. I looked at the other fields available to add but none of them make sense to put that kind of information in. Has anybody found a good way to do this, or is this a category that can be added to the list of available fields?

cmcgehee

Re: Add service notes to appointment view

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:27 pm

There is not a way to add the service notes (the textbox beneath the tooth chart in the Chart module). If you want to write a note that will appear on a patient's every appointment, you could create a Patient Field named "Notes for Appts" and add that Patient Field to show on your appointment view.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Colfax Doc

Post by Colfax Doc » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am

I was able to create a custom field, but I can only access it from the Family Module. I can't seem to figure out how to make it available in the Chart Module. I was able to add it into an appointment view. Where do I go to make it available to edit in other modules? I'd like to put it up somewhere where it's visible and able to be edited in the box labeled "Patient Info" in the Chart Module.

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 pm

To get it to show in the Chart module, go to Setup -> Display Fields -> Chart Patient Information and move "PatFields" into the grid on the left.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com